Known IssuesIf you have a question about how to do something on Dreamwidth, you can read or search the FAQs. If you can't find an answer, we'd be happy to help.
You can also check the dw_maintenance community for temporary or breaking issues.
- If you are importing your journal from LiveJournal and receive an error saying that you must agree to the Terms of Service, that error is being generated by LiveJournal, not by us! You'll have to log in to your LiveJournal account and accept the Terms of Service in order to import your journal.
- Some users are reporting difficulty staying logged in. This seems to be related to a recent update to the HTTPS Everywhere browser extension. Please consider opting in to Dreamwidth's HTTPS Everywhere beta. Otherwise, please manually edit URLs so that they read https:// not http://.
- There are currently widespread issues with changing the membership settings for communities. We are working to investigate the cause and fix it. Until we are able to, please try changing the setting along with another and save the changes repeatedly. You may need to do this multiple times before it will save.
The following is a list of the most common issues that users encounter on Dreamwidth. You may also wish to look at the Current Issues FAQ category, which has an expanded list of current issues. If you're experiencing one of these bugs, you don't need to open a request to report it. We already have it logged into our bug tracker, and we'll be fixing it as quickly as we can.
- Sometimes the text-based captcha service fails to load or respond to a correct answer. If that happens to you, please reload the affected page and try again.
- Common import failure issues
- Embedded media may not work on imported entries.
- Icon keywords with some UTF-8-encoded characters are failing to import properly.
- Tags you've deleted on the remote site may import along with tags that are used on your entries.
- Some HTML tags that users enter onto the profile will not properly display (such as table backgrounds and outlines).
- It is not yet possible to receive emailed notifications of comments you receive without that comment also being sent to your inbox.
Last updated 28 Aug 2017
Did You Know?
Frequently Asked Questions
We've got answers to hundreds of questions. You can search the FAQ for what you're looking for.
- What HTML tags can I use on Dreamwidth?
- How do I make a link to another Dreamwidth account, or an account on another service?
- What is a cut? How can I hide part of my entry behind a cut?
- What are the extra services available?
- What Dreamwidth-specific markup/HTML tags can I use?
- What HTML can I use in my entry?
- How do I use Dreamwidth's image hosting? How do I manage my images once they've been uploaded?
- How do I post an image in an entry?
- If you're coming from LiveJournal to Dreamwidth: Importing
- What are Dreamwidth Points?