Dreamwidth Studios Support
Known IssuesIf you have a question about how to do something on Dreamwidth, you can read or search the FAQs. If you can't find an answer, we'd be happy to help.
You can also check the dw_maintenance community for temporary or breaking issues.
- There are some intermittent problems with imported content. Please report them via Support request, as investigations into their cause(s) are ongoing.
- There are some intermittent problems with crossposting to other sites. This is due to service issues on the other end. If you encounter this, please edit your entry, recheck the crossposting box, and try again.
The following is a list of the most common issues that users encounter on Dreamwidth. You may also wish to look at the Current Issues FAQ category, which has an expanded list of current issues. If you're experiencing one of these bugs, you don't need to open a request to report it. We already have it logged into our bug tracker, and we'll be fixing it as quickly as we can.
- Users of Gmail, AT&T, Yahoo, SBC Global, and Bell South may have intermittent problems receiving email from Dreamwidth, as these providers sometimes decide to block some or all mail from us. We're working to address the problem as much as we can.
- Common import failure issues
- Embedded media may not work on imported entries.
- Icon keywords with some UTF-8-encoded characters are failing to import properly.
- Tags you've deleted on the remote site may import along with tags that are used on your entries.
- Some HTML tags that users enter onto the profile will not properly display (such as table backgrounds and outlines).
Did You Know?
Frequently Asked Questions
We've got answers to hundreds of questions. You can search the FAQ for what you're looking for.
- How do I make a link to another Dreamwidth account, or an account on another service?
- What are the extra services available?
- What HTML tags can I use on Dreamwidth?
- What is a cut? How can I hide part of my entry behind a cut?
- What Dreamwidth-specific markup/HTML tags can I use?
- What are Dreamwidth Points?
- What HTML can I use in my entry?
- How much are paid accounts?
- What is a paid/premium paid/seed account?
- How do I make an entry sticky, so it's always at the top of my journal?