Dreamwidth Studios Support
Known IssuesIf you have a question about how to do something on Dreamwidth, you can read or search the FAQs. If you can't find an answer, we'd be happy to help.
You can also check the dw_maintenance community for temporary or breaking issues.
- There are some intermittent problems with emailed notifications. If you have delayed or missing notification emails, please open a support request, so that we can investigate the cause.
- There are some intermittent problems with crossposting to other sites. This is due to service issues on the other end. If you encounter this, please edit your entry, recheck the crossposting box, and try again.
The following is a list of the most common issues that users encounter on Dreamwidth. You may also wish to look at the Current Issues FAQ category, which has an expanded list of current issues. If you're experiencing one of these bugs, you don't need to open a request to report it. We already have it logged into our bug tracker, and we'll be fixing it as quickly as we can.
- Sometimes the text-based captcha service fails to load or respond to a correct answer. If that happens to you, please reload the affected page and try again.
- Common import failure issues
- Embedded media may not work on imported entries.
- Icon keywords with some UTF-8-encoded characters are failing to import properly.
- Tags you've deleted on the remote site may import along with tags that are used on your entries.
- Some HTML tags that users enter onto the profile will not properly display (such as table backgrounds and outlines).
- It is not yet possible to receive emailed notifications of comments you receive without that comment also being sent to your inbox.
Last updated 30 Sep 2016
Did You Know?
Frequently Asked Questions
We've got answers to hundreds of questions. You can search the FAQ for what you're looking for.
- What HTML tags can I use on Dreamwidth?
- How do I make a link to another Dreamwidth account, or an account on another service?
- What is a cut? How can I hide part of my entry behind a cut?
- What are the extra services available?
- What Dreamwidth-specific markup/HTML tags can I use?
- How do I post an image in an entry?
- What HTML can I use in my entry?
- What are Dreamwidth Points?
- How much are paid accounts?
- How do I use Dreamwidth's photo hosting? How do I manage my images once they've been uploaded?