Known IssuesIf you have a question about how to do something on Dreamwidth, you can read or search the FAQs. If you can't find an answer, we'd be happy to help.
You can also check the dw_maintenance community for temporary or breaking issues.
- If you are importing your journal from LiveJournal and receive an error saying that you must agree to the Terms of Service, that error is being generated by LiveJournal, not by us! You'll have to log in to your LiveJournal account and accept the Terms of Service in order to import your journal.
The following is a list of the most common issues that users encounter on Dreamwidth. You may also wish to look at the Current Issues FAQ category, which has an expanded list of current issues. If you're experiencing one of these bugs, you don't need to open a request to report it. We already have it logged into our bug tracker, and we'll be fixing it as quickly as we can.
- Sometimes the text-based captcha service fails to load or respond to a correct answer. If that happens to you, please reload the affected page and try again.
- Common import failure issues
- Embedded media may not work on imported entries.
- Icon keywords with some UTF-8-encoded characters are failing to import properly.
- Tags you've deleted on the remote site may import along with tags that are used on your entries.
- Some HTML tags that users enter onto the profile will not properly display (such as table backgrounds and outlines).
- It is not yet possible to receive emailed notifications of comments you receive without that comment also being sent to your inbox.
Last updated 19 Apr 2017
Did You Know?
Frequently Asked Questions
We've got answers to hundreds of questions. You can search the FAQ for what you're looking for.
- If you're coming from LiveJournal to Dreamwidth: Importing
- How can I claim my OpenID account with my Dreamwidth account?
- What are the extra services available?
- How do I import my journal from another site?
- What is a cut? How can I hide part of my entry behind a cut?
- What Dreamwidth-specific markup/HTML tags can I use?
- How do I make a link to another Dreamwidth account, or an account on another service?
- What HTML tags can I use on Dreamwidth?
- How do I use Dreamwidth's image hosting? How do I manage my images once they've been uploaded?
- How can I crosspost entries?